Re: Creating a randomized cron entry

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> "at" has a very bad history security-wise, and I really doubt anyone
> is seriously maintaining and fixing that thing. Now, if someone
> would rewrite from scratch an "at" designed and implemented for
> security, that would be very cool indeed.

If there are security bugs in at, file them. If it's ill-maintained,
ask for its removal. The potential problems that at has really aren't
any more complicated than the problems that cron has, so there's
really no reason why it shouldn't be secure. [Of course, I haven't
audited at myself; but I do find it useful...]

Don Armstrong

--
Three little words. (In decending order of importance.)
love