Re: Putting accented characters in manpages?

I demand that Romain Beauxis may or may not have written...

> Le Jeudi 6 Octobre 2005 06:57, Rogério Brito a écrit :
>>> W: pfb2t1c2pfb: manpage-has-errors-from-man
>>> usr/share/man/man1/pfb2t1c.1.gz /tmp/zmanpkICfH:25: warning: can't find
>>> numbered character 243

>>> . It is probably caused by the special characters in your name, which
>>> were put unencoded into the man page.

> I had the same issue for a manpage too.
> I discovered that you can put those caracters in a special encoding like I
> did:
> .SH AUTHOR
> This manual page was written by Lo\[:i]c Le Guyader
> <loic.leguyader@laposte.net>,
> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).

> It works with the command line man, but not with kde's man viewer. And I
> can't remeber where I found this... sorry

groff_char(7) seems likely. I find that \(zz works (for arbitrary zz given in
\[zz]) with man and xman, although I have no idea whether this works in KDE's
man viewer.

For character 243, you want "\['o]" or "\('o".

--
| Darren Salt   | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| sarge,        | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| RISC OS       | Toon Army      | demon co uk          Say NO to UK ID cards
|                                                       http://www.no2id.net/

A phaser on stun is like a day without orange juice.