Re: cannot make (my first) debian package

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 11:09:57AM +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:22:28PM +0200, Mauro Darida wrote:
> > I have written an advanced debian tutorial and decided to try to build a
> > debian package from it. I used the pdf format as source and, after reading
> > the maintainer stuff, tried to build the package thinking it would be easy
> > since there are no dependencies.
>
> You're using PDF as *source*? How come?

I'm also making a package of presentation slides.  I made the slides
using kpresenter, so the "source" is a .kpr file.  Is there a way
to get the .pdf or .ps from the .kpr without bringing up the kpresenter
interface?

If not, then how should I proceed?  I can put the .kpr, .ps and .pdf
in the package... I could place the .kpr, .ps and .pdf
in /usr/share/doc/myslides... does that sound reasonable?  Do you have
a better suggestion?

thanks and cheerio,
bjb  (ambrose on irc)