Re: Looking for sponsor for several related packages

Kenneth Pronovici (2002-10-12 12:46:00 -0500) :

>    libsort-versions-perl

>From a very selfish point of view, I'd like to ask whether this module
has a function to compare versions with the exact same algorithm dpkg
uses (upstream, debian revision, and characters such as + and ~
located where they belong in the ordering sequence).  If so, then I'd
be happy to sponsor that one (my use for it is a package currently
using a compare_versions() subroutine that runs dpkg through system(),
which is, well, yuk).

  I'm afraid that's the only one in which I have an interest, but if I
can help you (and help the other potential sponsors by reducing the
number of packages they'd have to check), then I'd be glad to.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

C   c e    e l    m  re q   j  l   a l  l  iè e  .
  -- Signatures à collectionner, série n°1, partie 3/3.