Re: request for package review - serel

On Sun, 04 Aug 2002, Leni Mayo wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > And you should also get the sysvinit and file-rc package sources,
> > serel must properly integrate itself with the lot of them.
>
> serel already has a patch for the rc that comes with Debian sysvinit.
> It sounds like you are suggesting that a patch for the rc that comes
> with file-rc would also be nice.  I don't mind writing such a patch,
> though to keep the serel installation/upgrade simple it won't get
> auto-applied.
>
> If you mean anything else re: "proper integration", I'll need more
> details.

update-rc.d and invoke-rc.d must work correctly with serel+sysvinit and with
serel+file-rc (maybe they already do -- I didn't check).

Also, the init script system cannot crash and burn when sysvinit+serel is
converted to file-rc+serel (or any other possible combination of the two) --
automated conversion would be nice, but it is not a must. As long as _no
data is lost_, and the user is warned.

  Henrique Holschuh