Re: Upstream's debian/ directory

Amaya <amaya@debian.org> writes:

> I am taking a look at renameutils
> (http://freshmeat.net/projects/renameutils) in oprder to file an ITP.
>
> Upstream already has a debian/ directory and I am not sure what to do...
>
> ¿Should I just remove it form the .tar.gz and use that as my
> .orig.tar.gz or just let diff do its thing and reflect my changes?
>
> Thanks in advance

The best thing to do would be to get the upstream debian dir into
proper shape and keep it that way. Theres no reason for upstream not
to have a perfectly working debian dir with you watching out for
upstream that it stays in good condition.

If at all possible do _not_ repack the orig.tar.gz so the md5sum
matches. Saves you lots of troubles on updates too.

MfG
        Goswin