RE: debconf and lintian "unknown-control-file"

On 07-Mar-2001 Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am making my first tries with debconf at the moment. As suggested by
> the debconf tutorial, my package now includes a templates and a config
> file that are installed into debian/tmp/DEBIAN by debian/rules. This
> seem to work technically, but lintian (potato's version) complains
> about the two "unknown control files". Did I do something wrong, or is
> lintian at fault here, or did I miss something?

please use the lintian from testing (or even unstable) for current packages.
At the time of potato release, policy did not know about debconf so neither did
lintian.

For any package with Standards-Version 3.2.x or better, lintian 1.20.6 or
better is preferred.