Re: question on interaction between net-base and replacement dae

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 12:47:45PM +0100, Florian Hinzmann wrote:
> On 06-Jan-99 Shaleh wrote:
> > will package nicely because it is well written.  My question is: how do I cope
> > w/ the existing identd?  I expect that users installing this would prefer it
> > over identd.  Is simply placing a call to update-inetd enough?
>
> I didn't investigate further, but here is the postinst of
> wu-ftpd. It disables standard in.ftpd and adds his own
> line to /etc/inetd.conf. Maybe you can take this example
> as a start point and find some documentation about the
> right and official way to do this.  ;)

It does what update-inetd does. Actually, since inetd.conf belongs
to netbase, wu-ftp should call the provided modify script (update-inetd).
However, since inetd.conf is not a conffile, I'm not sure this is
technically a bug. Can anyone confirm?

Hamish