Re: Maintaining a non-US package?

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Chris Leishman wrote:
> >
> > Also, what is the state of the non-US distribution?
>
> What do you want to hear?  "horrible"?  "desastrous"? Well, take a look
> at nonus.debian.org and judge yourself.

Ah.   Do I take it that the spelling "nonus" [without a hyphen]
is the reason that my version of apt has suddenly ceased to work?
(My version of /etc/apt/sources.list looks for "non-us". This always
worked OK up until the "freeze". Now it barfs and says the directory
doesn't exist.)

Is this an understandable and regrettable temporary typo; or is it
more permanent, and does it therefore betoken something more fundamental
in the naming of parts?

Not beefing; just curious.
--
Martin Wheeler   -    StarTEXT, Glastonbury, Somerset, England - BA6 9PH
mwheeler@startext.co.uk                       http://www.startext.co.uk/