Re: Do we need pynwb - if yes please care for its new dependency

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for taking care about upgrades of pynwb and hdmf!

FWIW popcon is likely  small because we never packaged downstream
packages which use pynwb and usually just instructed people to "pip
install" them. And as a developer, I usually had to do the same
anyways.

The reason for current packaging hurdle is a switch from pypi to github
in debian/watch:  pynwb uses git submodule for src/pynwb/nwb-schema/
which they package within pynwb pypi releases.  I double checked it that
they still do as they did before:

	❯ for f in pynwb-2.*; do echo $f; tar -tzvf $f | grep src/pynwb/nwb-schema/ | wc -l; done
	pynwb-2.1.0.tar.gz
	15
	pynwb-2.2.0.tar.gz
	15
	pynwb-2.3.0.tar.gz
	15
	pynwb-2.4.0.tar.gz
	15
	pynwb-2.5.0.tar.gz
	15

So a solution would be to revert going to monitor github and then reimport
source.  I do not think it is worthwhile packaging nwb-schema at this point
since small and unlikely we would bother packaging any other package which
would use it directly.

Do you agree to such changes -- then I could do the needed dance with git repo
, just let me know.

Cheers!

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko