Re: Request for Sponsorship: VeryFastTree - Parallelized and Optimized Version of FastTree

Hi César,

Am Tue, Jul 04, 2023 at 04:19:45PM +0200 schrieb César Pomar:
> >   TopHits: 1.00*sqrtN close=default refresh=0.80
> >   ML Model: Jones-Taylor-Thorton, CAT approximation with 20 rate
> categories
> >   Error parsing header line:
> >
> > as you can see in the log on salsa[2].
>
> Ohh, well, the test has done its job, it found a bug. I have already fixed
> it,

Cool.  I'm happy to hear this is found and fixed.  Our goal is to
enhance bioinformatics software out there. ;-)

> so is everything ready for the release now?

You are the author - from my point yes.

> > I did not checked (yet) but you might like to have a look into
> > SIMDEverywhere[3]
>
> Thank you, but I meant that I was enabling AMD64 features on ARM. I've
> taken a
> look at the log and I see what the problem might be. Considering that
> aarch64-linux-gnu-g++ is being used, it appears to be a compilation for
> ARM,
> but with BUILD_ARCH=amd64 and HOST_ARCH=arm64, shouldn't it be the other
> way
> around? In any case, if this isn't an error, I would look for when
> HOST_ARCH=arm64 and wouldn't use USE_AVX2=ON, which is the parameter that
> sends -mavx2. Because right now, I'm using BUILD_ARCH, and since it's
> amd64,
> it assumes it should use USE_AVX2=ON.

I admit I'm not very educated with ARM.  However, mixing two different
architectures in BUILD_ARCH and HOST_ARCH sounds suspicious to me and is
IMHO only relevant for cross-building (but I repeat I'm not very
educated here).

Kind regards
    Andreas.

--