Re: Request for Sponsorship: VeryFastTree - Parallelized and Optimized Version of FastTree

Hi Andreas,

I have already updated the GitHub repository. I updated the xxhash and robin-map libraries to their latest versions and adjusted the source code to avoid issues. Now we can remove them in Debian and use the packages. I also fixed the linking error in the CMakeLists file and, by the way, allowed default values in CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS, which I suppose was causing the blhc failure. If you believe that there is nothing else to add, tell me, and I will proceed with creating the 4.0.1 release.

In the Salsa repository, I tried to modify the rules to ignore AVX2 with ARM, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to recognize the DEB_BUILD_ARCH variable and always uses it. Did I forget something?. I haven't tested it, but otherwise, the source code should be compatible with ARM.

César

El vie, 30 jun 2023 a las 22:30, Andreas Tille (<andreas@an3as.eu>) escribió:
Hi César,

Am Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 04:16:05PM +0200 schrieb César Pomar:

> That will be simple. VeryFastTree has the same interface as FastTree. The
> test
> that exists for FastTree in its package should be valid for VeryFastTree as
> well.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/fasttree/-/tree/master/debian/tests

Sounds pretty sensible.  I'll implement this soon.

> Based on what you've mentioned, I think it would be best to update xxhash
> and robin-map to modern versions that can later be replaced by the Debian
> versions. By doing this, I will also solve the issue with the CMakeLists
> file.
> Once everything is correct, I can package it as version 4.0.1.

Very cool!  Thanks a lot for your cooperation

     Andreas.

PS: Hope I get DKIM working quickly since also gmail rejects my mails
    and I can't CC you.

--
http://fam-tille.de