Re: [RFS] xdffileio 0.3-4 (closes #985290)

Hi Nilesh,

Nilesh Patra, on 2021-03-17 21:10:58 +0530:
> On 17 March 2021 8:29:08 pm IST, "Étienne Mollier" <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org> wrote:
> >need dm grants on it; please consider applying the option you
> >feel the most appropriate.
>
> Done.

Thanks, the upload is in the pipeline.  I will fill the
corresponding unblock request accordingly.

> BTW I wonder why there are several piuparts bugs identified right now. I also wonder how this migrated to testing in the first place with bad piuparts.

I would believe deep freeze is the perfect moment to mass check
the upgradability from Stable to Testing of each and every
package, since it will translate as a universally supported
upgrade path from Buster to Bullseye without breakages.  If done
earlier, that's alright, but one might miss upcoming piuparts
issues before the subsequent freeze.  Hence Andreas Beckmann et
alii filling all those bugs right now.  Big Thanks to them!  :)

Regarding your second question, I don't know for sure, I can
only make conjectures.  All I can say is, that upgrade from the
previous stable release is not the default option of a manual
piuparts run; there are many upgrade paths possible.

> Anyway, thanks for working on this,

You're welcome,
Cheers,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da