Re: what if upstream does not have a version number?

Am Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:44:23PM +0100 schrieb Maarten L. Hekkelman:

> I'm preparing another package and this one has a dependency on a library found on
> github. The library, a C++ implementation of the NEWUOA algorithm, comes with a MIT
> license but has no tag or version number at github.

It still has a _state_, namely both of downloaded-when and
commit-hash. Either or both might become a "version" of
sorts.

I'm sure there's arguments pro/con either of them but that's
what comes to mind.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B