Re: [RFS] tortoize

Hi Maarten,

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 08:03:18PM +0100, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to look at tortoize.
>
> Op 26-11-2020 om 11:16 schreef Andreas Tille:
> > I changed the autopkgtest a bit.  Please stick to the common name for
> > the test script run-unit-test as its in the package template.  The
> > rationale is that we can do all package wide changes over the Debian
> > Med packages.
> I copied this from another package, didn't know about this policy yet.
> Noted.

I recommend

    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/package_template

> > Moreover you were refering to the data file in debian/tests.  While
> > this is perfectly possible for the autopkgtest in debci it does not
> > help the user who tries to run it on the local machine (as it is
> > explained in the README.test file).  So the date file needs to be
> > provided as example *inside* the package - which I did.
> Is that the examples file?

Yes.

> > BTW, it seems to be the same example file in libcifpp.  I'd consider it
> > a good idea to have this file only once and set dependencies
> > appropriately.
> This file is very common, I use it in all my PDB related packages.
>
> I agree that sticking to a single instance is way more convenient. But then
> the question is, where do I put this. The libcifpp package contains a -dev
> and -doc next to the library.

Intuitively I'd say -doc makes sense and let the Test depend from this
-doc package.

> Perhaps the file should be packaged along with
> the library. Since that library is a dependency for all my tools, the
> example file would be there too.

Fine for me as well.  Its not extraordinarily large so that should be fine.

> Besides, the autopkgtest of libcifpp uses it as well.

Yes, that's what I have noticed.

> OK, I'll wait until libcifpp passes the gates in New and will then provide
> an update. For all packages.

Fine.

> >   Apropos dependencies:  Either tortoize itself has a
> > missing dependency or we need some Test-Depends.  When I'm running the
> > test script in my pbuilder chroot I get:
> >
> > + pkg=tortoize
> > + '[' /tmp/autopkgtest.C15beQ/autopkgtest_tmp = '' ']'
> > + cp -a /usr/share/doc/tortoize/examples/1cbs.cif /tmp/autopkgtest.C15beQ/autopkgtest_tmp
> > + cd /tmp/autopkgtest.C15beQ/autopkgtest_tmp
> > + mkdssp 1cbs.cif 1cbs-dssp.cif
> > /tmp/autopkgtest.C15beQ/tree/debian/tests/run-unit-test: line 17: mkdssp: command not found
> >
> > Could you please `gbp pull` and check this situation?
>
> Ooops... I really need to write that text-editor without copy/paste... I've
> been burned way too often by that feature. The test should or course run
> tortoize, not mkdssp. I updated the dssp package as well.

:-)

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--