Re: RFS: prinseq-lite: added dependencies to fix autopkgtest failures

Hi Étienne,

On 2020-05-19 00:30, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> Thank you, that does quite a job to put a decent git repository
> together!

Glad this helped!

> I'm a bit more concerned on Math::Cephes[2] side, but not from a
> technical point of view though; it is seamless on the side of
> git-buildpackage as well.  From a copyright standpoint, the
> module embeds C code provided on netlib[3] but originating from
> a book and a commercial product, accompanied with a "readme"
> notice[4] indicating that said code "may be used freely",
> fortunately.  But maybe an extra-careful examination of the
> source code for extra copyright statements will be needed here.
> Hopefully, should DFSG changes be required, they won't impede on
> the proper operation of the package.
>
> [1] https://metacpan.org/pod/Math::MatrixReal
> [2] https://metacpan.org/pod/Math::Cephes
> [3] http://www.netlib.org/cephes/
> [4] http://www.netlib.org/cephes/readme

Embedded copies of netlib seem abundant in Debian [1]. I suggest looking
into debian/copyright of these packages. It is curious, however, that
netlib is not packaged as a stand-alone package, but embedded everywhere
instead.

[1]
https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=Cephes+Math+Library&literal=1&perpkg=1

> Not sure where is the best location to put the various packaging
> repositories at the moment.  I suppose Debian Perl Team
> namespace would be such a place; I'll probably contact them
> tomorrow.

Perl modules belong under salsa.org/perl-team/modules/packages. To put
them there one has to be in Debian Perl Team. I suggest joining it.

Best,
Andrius