Re: picard-tools progress status

Hi Olivier,

thanks a lot for your work on this and the status update.

On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 09:39:44AM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> after quick and dirty packaging of picard new dependencies (done
> locally, can't be uploaded in this state), I could build picard-tools.

Feel free to be more verbose in case you might need some help with those
preconditions.

> However, there are many failing tests (168 at this time), though ~2800
> tests are fine.
>
> Some failures I can"t explain (freezing, thread errors , with no
> detailled log) and others where picard seems to fail with htsjdk (the
> one from experimental, with nio errors).
>

> I am not really confident that I will be able to debug all those errors,
> which may be related to debian env (patching, gradle etc...) or from
> packaged dependencies.
>
> For htsjdk test errors, it seems they are all related with 2 recurrent
> errors among failed tests

May be we can ask on debian-java about some gradle (or similar) related
issues.  But before we surely need those predependencies to keep the
worklow of helpful people low.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--