Re: pyBigWig

Hello,

على الخميس  1 كانون الأول 2016 ‫16:32، كتب Diane Trout:
> And instead of building a shared library, they just add the C files to
> the python C extension. See:
> https://github.com/dpryan79/pyBigWig/blob/master/setup.py#L14
>
> I believe this is a violation of Debian packaging policy, but this
> seems useful, what should one do in this case?

I don't think this is a problem. Policy 4.13 [1] says

~~~
Debian packages should not make use of these convenience copies unless
the included package is explicitly intended to be used in this way.
~~~

which I think matches the situation here.

Thanks and regards
Afif

1. https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-embeddedfiles

--