Re: Exclude files from the sources

Hi Corentin,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:50:25AM +0100, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> In my d/copyright, I added this line to exclude some files :
>
>  Files-Excluded: Apps/VRRender/doc
>
> It works when I get the debian/* directory and that I get the sources with :
>
>  uscan --force-download

OK.  That's fine.  The job of uscan is to create a source tarball.  But
that's all and nothing else.  Uscan is older than git. ;-)

> But the files under "Apps/VRRender/doc" aren't removed if I try to get the sources with :
>
>   debcheckout --git-track='*' git+ssh://corentin-guest@git.debian.org/git/debian-med/fw4spl.git
>
> This feels me logical,

:-)

> but is there any way to remove them without updating the upstream and pristine-tar branches ?
> By example, can I remove the file from the d/rules ?

I do not think so.  If you would to the information in pristine-tar
becomes invalidated since the repository contains something else
than what is stored in pristine-tar.  The only way I know is to do
again

   git import-orig --pristine-tar /path/to/new_tarball_version.orig.tar.gz

To my experience the content of the pristine-tar branch is properly
updated that way even if you get some warnings.  If you might face
some trouble with this step please post this here.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on fw4spl

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de