Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianMedMIME" by SteffenMoeller

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

the long term goal is to sumbit these rules to FreeDesktop once they are
tested and established. In the meantime, factorization is of course
welcome. Are you suggesting to add the rules to med-bio, or to create
another package ?

I think, med-bio would perfectly do the job.  _If_ we decide to insert
mime type definitions into our metapackages I would add some support to
cdd-dev which seems to be easy.  The main question for me is: There might
be users of the relevant packages who have reasons not to install the
med-bio package and thus they would miss this extra feature.  So the
alternative would be to file wishlist bug reports against the packages
in question to add these mime types (which might even help users who
do not even know that med-bio exists).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--