From: tech.support@AMD.COM
To: d.paleino@GMAIL.COM
Subject: Re: ACML-Support
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 04:52:03 -0800 (GMTUK)

Well done! :)

Dear David,
thanks for contacting the AMD/ATI Tech Support.

Basically ACML is a free library. You only need to provide us your details for
using this library in commercial projects.

I think we should foreward this to debian-legal mailing list.  People
there are the experts.

What I'm asking is: can this library go in non-free? Or is that some of those
packages because it's "impossible to distribute" without permission from AMD?

My guess we would need some more concrete statement.

P.S.: I'm finishing the packaging and injecting a patched version which doesn't
compile the ACML version.

This might do for the moment.  Let's see how we can proceed with this issue.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de