Re: Ring

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 09:53:58AM +0000, Bastien Roucariès wrote:
> Le vendredi 6 octobre 2023, 19:31:43 UTC Roberto C. Sánchez a écrit :
> >
> > The older pjsip located in that project lacks ssl_sock_imp_common.c but
> > has the other two files. Most of the remainder of the patch applied
> > (with a small amount of fuzz) and what didn't apply was fairly
> > straightforward to backport.
> >
> > I have attached to this email what I think is a reasonable attempt at
> > backporting upstream's patch of the forked/modified pjsip on top of
> > version 20190215.1.f152c98~ds1-1+deb10u2 of ring. Note that I have not
> > run any build or done any sort of testing on this.
> >
> > Could you review the patch and, if you agree that it seems like a
> > reasonable backport, then build and test the package?
>
> Yes but the code in  ssl_sock_imp_common.c  is in fact here daemon/contrib/src/pjproject/gnutls.patch :S
>
> I am a little bit unease about this package.
>
> So it need to patch a patch queue or to refactor the code and try something else

OK, so I missed the presence of the code there. I feel like the upstream
project structure makes it somewhat hard to follow what is going on with
the various components.

In any event, if my suggestion is not helpful, then please feel free to
disregard and take action based on your assessment (and perhaps any
insight Thorsten may be able to offer).

Regards,

-Roberto

--