Re: mercurial new test packages

Hey Antoine, :)

> The package I managed to build obviously passes that test suite, and
> *reliably* [but] it might FTBFS on the buildds

Thanks for working on this. :)

I'm a bit lost by your wording; it "might" FTBFS on the buildds, it
does not sound particularly reliable to me… and thus doesn't sound like
something we really want to upload. Perhaps I'm missing something here.

> I was not able to make the package build reproducibly

I was further confused by this. :)  In particular why you are striving
for reproducibility at all? A reliable build — ie. what we most
care about here — is a necessary but not sufficient condition for
reproducibility, but I don't see that achieving a reproducible build in
an jessie LTS upload is very useful. Again, I'm sure I'm missing
something.

> something in the *build* process changes the output non-
> deterministically, which is very strange to me.

(My gut tells me that this is non-deterministic filesystem ordering..)

Best wishes,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb