Re: nss security update package ready for review

Hi

In LTS the hook is available in debian/rules but commented. The number
of failed test cases seems to be the same as I remember from when I
had to disable it.

// Ola

On 1 December 2016 at 05:59, Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org> wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:03:39PM -0500, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
>> On 2016-11-30 16:46:17, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > There were no test suite before the update so I could not tell if it was a
>> > regression or not.
>>
>> I just figured out how to hook up the test suite, and it fails:
>
> (Posting this here again since I'm not sure everybody working on nss in
> LTS is aware of it):
>
> We have patches to enable it during the build here:
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=806639
>
> There's also more stuff like some minimal autopkgtests here:
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=ease-lts;users=debian-lts@lists.debian.org
>
>> Tests summary:
>> --------------
>> Passed:             8282
>> Failed:             17
>> Failed with core:   0
>> ASan failures:      0
>> Unknown status:     0
>>
>> It takes a looong time to run here. I thought it was in a loop for a
>> while there.
>>
>> I am not sure what to do next here - maybe I could test against the pre
>> 3.26 version from wheezy and see if the tests fail similarly...
>
> Do we really intend to track nss upstream from now on:
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?Bug=824872
>
> I remember the nss testsuite to run cleanly last time I checked a couple
> of months ago so we should IMHO investigate.
>
> Cheers,
>  -- Guidox

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /