Re: Copy filesystem.squashfs (only) to ram

Dne 17. 02. 24 v 4:33 Alex King napsal(a):

I tried live-boot(7)"toram" paramater.  This actually worked on my test machine, but to my surprise it copied the whole 4G root filesystem to ram instead of just filesystem.squashfs.  While it worked on this system (albeit wasting a lot of time and RAM from the 16G on this machine), it would not work in other cases where the root filesystem may be 500G and RAM only 4G.

How can I arrange to have filesystem.squashfs copied into ram?

You can't. But I have sent a patch to this mailing list in November 2023 that makes it possible. No one replied.

Vladimir