Re: Debian Live Query - user-fullname

Do not use space in between. Refer hostname rules from live installer help

On Sun, 4 Feb, 2024, 7:08 pm Robert Spiteri, <rspiteri01@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I set the user's fullname as a boot parameter?

Using live-build I did lb config --bootappend-live user-fullname="Linux User", however it does not work since in the config file it would be saved as:

LB_BOOTAPPENDLIVE="user-fullname="Linux User"" - there is a mix of double quotes and the lb build fails.

Also, if I used single quotes i.e. lb config --bootappend-live user-fullname='Linux User', it works as a boot parameter, however the full name becomes 'Linux

Therefore it takes the single quote and the name up to the space as the full name.

How can I solve this please?