Re: Non-sense language selection

Hello Narcis,

On 15/06/2023 10:15, Narcis Garcia wrote:
Hello, Gnome variant of Debian 12 Live does not allow to change localization/language through GUI tools.
It seems to be English (US) as the only language in the world.

The Debian live images are prepared for many languages, but there is no automated test that tests for them, therefore this scenario was not evaluated.

> Even boot begins GUI with a wizard, which first page is to select which
> language is preferred by user: English (US) is the only option of this
> nonsense dialog.
> "So huge" is the list, that it offers a search box.

If you want, you could report a bug against the gnome package for the welcome screen (I haven't looked up the name).

Adding more languages more visibly, is on the to-do list.

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus