Re: trying to make a wifi-capable live-cd

On 02/17/2014 10:38 PM, ninja@cock.li wrote:
> I revisit this with an added datum and a question.
>
> Datum: In late December I installed Debian Jessie from an official CD.

The word "official" means nothing in this context. Debian has made no
releases of the installer. The developers do, however, make autobuilds
of installer images for their own use. Sometimes they work, sometimes
they don't.

> Naturally, this CD did not have wifi, as stated before, but it *did*
> work over a cable internet connection.  It installed Jessie.
>
> Question: how can I reconcile the above datum with, "because there's
> currently no debian-installer in jessie"?

You got lucky. Jessie is a moving target. Images that worked December
may not work today due to the archive moving on. Images rebuilt today
may not work either, due to the archive moving on.

Are we just going to argue about this unceasingly or will you please
just take our word for it?

Thanks,
Ben