Re: live.cfg menu item in syslinux theme not working

On 11-06-20 01:40 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 06/20/2011 07:33 PM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
When I type "live" at the "boot:" prompt, I get "Could not find kernel
image: /live/vmlinuz".

depends on your config tree, look at binary/live and see what you get

by default, lb3 does not mangle the kernel filename, so that would be
/live/vmlinuz-2.6.39-2-amd64 or similar.

I got vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-amd64 and initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64. I put those filenames in live.cfg just to see if it works. I did my build, got to the syslinux screen... and it still didn't work. At the "boot:" prompt I now get "Could not find kernel image: /live/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-amd64". binary/live definitely contains these files. Is there any other information I could provide to clarify this?

if you want it to be mangled, you can use a binary hook, such as:

http://vcs.progress-linux.org/?p=images/standard.git;a=blob;f=config/binary_local-hooks/kernel.sh

or include the explicit filename in your live.cfg.

i still need to figure out a smart way to do that somewhat more
automatic with a replace from the template that works with any number of
installed kernels.

Actually, for now the hook would work just fine, and makes it so that I don't have to remember to update my theme every time the kernel changes.

For the moment I've renamed the two files back to vmlinuz and initrd.img and have installed that hook. I'm running the build again in the off chance that it works this time :)

Thanks,
Dan