Re: live support for ext3 volumes > 1.8TB (2TiB)

> On 02/04/2011 09:17 PM, Tim Legg wrote:
>> I use mke2fs to create a journaled ext3 partition, but it is only 1.8TB
(2TiB) in size.

> (i would use ext4, not ext3. ymmv.)
>
>> Can the default live images that are downloaded from the
live.debian.net
>> support the creation/mounting of larger partitions [...]?
>
> this is not live specific, but yes.

I created it as 3TiB ext4 partition initially, and when I went to mount
it, mount told me that it was a wrong fs type, bad superblock, missing
codepage and many other dreadful things, even though it was created and
mounted fine on Ubuntu 10.04.  I got the idea that Debian Live doesn't
support ext4 as of debian-live-507-i386-lxde-desktop.img, so I used ext3.

I thought maybe I need to be more explicit with mount here and pass it
some parameter to identify what it is...  mount -t ext4 actually informed
me that etx4 was an unknown filesystem type.

Which gets me right to the point:  How do you mount this 3TiB ext4
partition within Debian live.

Thanks,

> --
> Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist

I envy your geographic location, if I could only be 100km from the Alps...

Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net