Re: hook for timezone and sudo

nosudo worked Ben. It even disabled the CTRL-F1(etc) to enter into console mode.

Wanted to ask you however to be 100% sure. If I build a lenny image and drop the latest squeeze versions of the packages you mentioned in the local-packages directory, the build should replace the old ones with these packages right? And so noroot will work...

thanks and regards,
Robert

On 28 August 2010 19:37, Robert Spiteri <rspiteri01@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ben,

>> I thought we discussed the possibility of using squeeze, and you were going to try that out ...

Yes, initially I built an image using squeeze. However I found that I had to make a lot of configurations as regards for example the X server. The resolution of the image by default was 800x600 so I thought I would add an xorg.conf (if I am right) to override the default settings. Also there were some icons in xfce which were not visible and some other little things which needed some tweaking.

>> As a workaround, you could just go to http://packages.debian.org/live-boot and http://packages.debian.org/live-config to get the latest squeeze versions of these packages and drop them in your config/chroot_local-packages/ directory.

Thanks for this. Right now I am building a lenny image with nosudo switch just to try it now. Will let you know the outcome. I will consider this workaround definitely if anything else fails.

>> Or if you would just build squeeze images instead, it would solve a number of issues for you (the things we discussed earlier this week) as well as this one, without any workaround needed.  live-initramfs in squeeze is now just a transitional metapackage that installs live-build and live-config, and 'noroot' is supported with these newer packages.

My only concern would be the lejos deb package. I wrote to the person in charge but got no reply. Right now in this image I managed to configure everything manually but it would great to have such a ready made deb package.

Will let you know and thanks again for your interest and help.

Regards
Robert