Re: Apache/Rivet HTML manual generation practices

On Wed, 2023-11-15 at 17:12 +0000, Massimo Manghi wrote:

> I'm the upstream developer/maintainer of Apache/Rivet. I'm also the maintainer of
> the corresponding Debian package (libapache2-mod-rivet).
> Apache/Rivet source code ships with an HTML manual generated from
> Docbook XML files. We regenerate the manual right before releasing and put it in
> the tarball in order to save the Apache/Rivet user the task of figuring out what tools
> are needed in order to recreate the HTML pages (being Docbook not so popular and not so
> widely used now).

I expect most folks would be fine with the existing HTML manuals on the
website, but what about having the HTML manuals in a separate tarball
for the users who need them locally and don't want to build them?

https://tcl.apache.org/rivet/html/manuals.html
https://dlcdn.apache.org/tcl/rivet/binary/
https://wiki.debian.org/AutoGeneratedFiles

--