Potential depends on libregexp-shellish-perl instead of libregexp-wildcards-perl for lintian?

Dear Debian maintainers,

As part of a main inclusion review in Ubuntu [1], we are currently assessing if a potential replacement of lintian's dependency on libregexp-wildcards-perl [2] by a dependency on libregexp-shellish-perl [3] would be a good thing or not.

Both packages seem to provide a similar functionality but libregexp-wildcards-perl has benefited from slightly more support (including packaging updates and availability on salsa) recently.

If we were to decide that a replacement would be good in Ubuntu, would you be interested in sponsoring this change in Debian too?

Also, if you have any opinion on which package would do the job best, we would be interested to hear it so that we can make the right decision.

Best regards,
Olivier

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libregexp-wildcards-perl/+bug/1980968
[2] https://packages.debian.org/sid/libregexp-wildcards-perl