Re: Stepping down as (main) lintian developer

On 2013-12-13 22:45, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> [...]
>

> Thanks for all niels. I have prepared a release but i need your help
> in order to pass the release.
>
> Some test fail and I have no idea why.
>
> Bastien

Okay; I have cleaned up some of the test failures in the "scripts"
suite.  The two remaining are ancient-sv-date.t and implemented-tags.t,
which I have left to you because you will probably need to work with
these again.

  ancient-sv-date.t is a reminder to update the ANCIENT_DATE variable in
  checks/standards-version.pm.  That date has to be within 22 and 24
  months in the past.  (e.g. 14th of Jan 2012 would satisfy this right
  now).

  implemented-tags.t is a test to ensure that tags are implemented; it
  only looks in the checks/* and looks for exact tag names.  Whenever
  a tag is pulled from a data file or "constructed" from a template,
  they need to be skipped in this test.
    (e.g. the $tag = "example-$tag" from checks/scripts.pm is one of
     those "template"cases).

I have decided to revert 35aa013d0bf512e89fa9fb6488966d36b0b474c5,
because I believe it gives too many false positives right now (indeed
reverting it mostly solved one of the test failures).  That made
745fb495d66d936615c4d39363c41fbbcda63952 redundant, so it was reverted
as well.  In regards to #730715, I suggest it is simply closed manually
with a "Bug was never a part of a release, so closing it now that it has
been fixed in git" or so.

~Niels