Re: Changes as first-class objects

Russ Allbery wrote:

> "Adam D. Barratt" writes:
>> On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 00:03 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
>>> (The logic of Lintian::Tags will get simpler when we promote changes
>>> files to a first-class checkable object with its own check scripts.)
>
>> Has anyone started working on the necessary modifications for this?

I haven't.

>> It looks mostly straight-forward to do, but I thought I'd check before
>> duplicating work; in particular, I wasn't sure whether it would / should
>> end up being done as part of the dependency-based reorganisation.
>
> I haven't, and I don't think Raphael was working on it either, so I
> believe you can claim it if you want to tackle it.  But you may want to
> wait for Raphael to have a chance to respond, since I don't know if it
> would negatively impact some of his pending work.  (I don't *think* it
> would, but it's possible it would touch similar areas of code.)

It should not affect any of my work (except for diff conflicts on the .desc
headers, but that doesn't really matter).

But before you start working on it I'd like to bring up one of the points I
mentioned on <[🔎] hhm40o$qt6$1@ger.gmane.org>: why not turn .dsc files into
another file type that lintian checks handle?
The scheduler and the frontend will need to be modified so that .dsc
and .changes files parsing is done _after_ they are checked.

P.S. private/TODO needs to be updated.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer