Re: two more tags

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:
> Jordà Polo wrote:

>>> Tag: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
>>> Type: warning
>>> Severity: normal
>>> Certainty: certain
>>> Info: The extended description (the lines after the first line of the
>>>  probably too few.

>> Isn't "normal" too severe for this tag? I think minor or wishlist would
>> be more appropriate. Also, it would be interesting to explain a little

> I've seen people including at least one ftpmaster filing bugs against
> packages without a proper description using severity: normal. And I
> can't think about a proper package description fitting in just two
> lines.

I think minor is really the proper severity level for most bugs about the
description unless the description is really completely useless, and I
don't think we can make that judgement just on length.  I made it
minor/possible.

> Attached is an updated mbox (btw, I didn't like how the link to walters'
> guide looked like when displayed via Refs:).

While that page is nicely formatted and verbose, I'd rather point to the
relevant devref sections than to an old cached page from archive.org.
There are some bits in walters's guide that are now wrong, such as the
homepage link, and there's no way to change it.

It might be worth proposing an update to the devref to incorporate the
bits from that guide that aren't already there.

Patch committed as f9a8691.  Thanks!  Most of the work was cleaning up the
test suite, since of course most of our test packages had descriptions
that were only a line or two.