Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated. 2.1.2-2-ge75343d

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 18:03 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
> commit e75343d8743e8ff512e705767040458be4aad7ba
> Author: Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
> Date:   Sun Dec 14 18:01:24 2008 +0000
>
>     More clearly separate tags for a source and binary package with the same name
>
>     * reporting/templates/maintainer.tmpl:
>       + Separate tags affecting a binary package from those of a source
>         package with the same name when the binary is the first package
>         produced from the source for which there are issues.

That changelog entry sucks somewhat; suggestions welcome.

The issue in question is that if we produce output for a source package
and one of its binary packages which is named after the source, and that
binary package is the first of those from that source for which there
was output, the tags get merged. Clear as mud. :-)

By way of some examples:

http://lintian.debian.org/full/debconf-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org.html lists the source package's tags first, with those for the debconf binary package being listed later, as there are other (and lexically earlier) binary packages with output.

http://lintian.debian.org/full/dctrl-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org.html only lists tags for the binary package, but does so under a separate heading for the binary package.

http://lintian.debian.org/full/adduser-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org.html lists four tags under the source package heading; the first belongs to the source package but the final three actually belong to the adduser binary package.

This commit splits the output for adduser to

  adduser (3.110) Info PTS Bugs

         * W binary-arch-rules-but-pkg-is-arch-indep

         adduser

         * I hyphen-used-as-minus-sign

Regards,

Adam