Re: lintian.d.o sorting is weird

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 12:53:06PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> writes:
> > The entries on lintian.d.o are sorted after the source package name and
> > the binary package version. This means that linux-modules-extra-2.6
> > currently have 10 entries instead of one.
> Is there something different that we should be doing that would preserve
> that effect without causing problems for this package?

Sure. Collect all binaries for one source/version and output them en
bloc. You can always find this information in the Source field of the
control file. Each binary which have a different version then the
corresponding source gets it appended, for example binNMUs or the
already mentioned binaries of linux-modules-extra-2.6.

This way you don't mix binary and source versions and also provide the
information you mentioned.

Bastian
--
Lots of people drink from the wrong bottle sometimes.
		-- Edith Keeler, "The City on the Edge of Forever",