Re: lintian.debian.org scripts and stuff available?

Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> writes:
> to, 2007-10-04 kello 16:09 -0700, Russ Allbery kirjoitti:

>> Any improvements would be much appreciated.  I know that one of the
>> problems with the current web pages is that they're not particularly
>> pretty.

> They're in perl (I should've expected that), so I'll have to learn that
> first before I can do something really useful with it, but we'll see.

I don't know what the other lintian maintainers feel about this, but I
personally am comfortable enough with Python that I would have no
objections if you'd like to rewrite the reporting harness and HTML
generation in Python instead, provided that would make it easier for you
to improve them.  It's not in Perl for any particularly important reason,
and I don't have time to work on it, so if you're willing to make
significant improvements, I don't mind absorbing Python code in order to
get them.

A rewrite into Python that does the same thing isn't as attractive, of
course.

Please do note that the lintian reporting harness in general needs to be
able to run on oldstable systems, since lintian.d.o is generally slow to
be upgraded, so please don't use fancy new language features.