Re: hard linking libboost copyright files

Hi,

Il 04/02/24 06:38, Muhammad Yaaseen ha scritto:
we see that the copyright for libboost debian packages are 2MB each and are all the same. as per https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html section 12.5 <https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html%20section%2012.5> we are not allowed to create symbolic links. the doubt I have is whether I can hardlink these files and reduce the memory utilization.

As one of the Boost maintainers, I agree that's a problem. I wonder whether the best way forward would rather to aggregate the copyright data with more coarse granularity, so that the file is shorter. I am not really sure that we need such a detailed thing. I spent considerable time preparing that thing, but I am not sure that is the way forward.

At any rate, unfortunately I haven't had time to work on Debian packages for some time, so the situation is still unsolved.

Gio.