Re: data and software licence incompatabilities?

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 10:49:27PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Francesco Poli wrote:
> >On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:37:24 -0700 Steve Langasek wrote:
> >
> >[...]
> >> You have a right to your own opinion.  You do *not* have a right to express
> >> it *on this list*.  The purpose of this list is to provide guidance to
> >> maintainers and upstreams regarding *Debian's* definition of free software,
> >> as well as guidance regarding the *legality* of particular combinations of
> >> works.  You using the list as a soapbox for your opinions about licenses
> >> that you think Debian *shouldn't* accept is an abuse of the list.
> >
> >Sorry, but I think I am *not* abusing this list by just expressing my
> >own opinions on the acceptability of licenses.
>
> Expressing them is fine. Repeating them over and over and over and
> over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
> and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
> over ... is unnecessary.

It worked for Cato the Elder: Carthago delenda est

Really, I did not want to start a flame war. I just
wnated to know if it would be possible to combine two
"incompatible" licences, if they were never combined
in a "program", because one is read in as data.

I believe I have my answer=It is ok.

Thank You

I now return you to your regularly scheduled flame war. :-)

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J