Re: Debian-approved creative/content license?

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Francesco Poli wrote:
> > If the
> > work is inconvenient to distribute free, then we should be telling the
> > author "distributing it free is probably not what you want to do".
>
> I don't think the Debian Project (or debian-legal contributors) should
> promote non-free software.

On the other hand, I think even Debian should try to be truthful.

If "Free" for audio and video is so awkward that an author who asks for a free
license probably doesn't want one, then we should tell the author "this is
what it means; you probably don't want one".  Not saying that when you
know very well it's true be lying by omission.