Re: ng-spice legal-license advice

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 10:45:59PM +1100, Matt Flax wrote:
> I see, the thing is that ngspice is actually reporting a BSD license on
> its web site :
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngspice/
>
> inside thae package however it has alot of different original packages
> ... like the original Berkley liense (which ceased to maintain
> publicly in the eighties or early nineties), a different license for
> xspice (also part of the build) and one of the continuations of ng-spice
> ... people say that ng-spice may even turn into tclspice
>
> so which of these licenses are the one to choose ? or are all of them
> correct ?

You're going to have to go to the copyright holders for that, and get
clarification from them. You may want to request that they consider
re-licensing the work under a Free license while you're at it.

> It is still possible to package for contrib ... right ?

Only if you split the non-free stuff out from the Free stuff. As it stands,
you're probably going to have to put it in non-free.

 - David Nusinow