Re: Could you guys check this license for me?

Scripsit Brian Russo <brusso@phys.hawaii.edu>

> it looks basically like an mit/bsd license.

Which means it's perfectly free.

I wonder, though, what happens if we take the advertising clause
at face value:

> >  3. Neither the name of Intel Corporation nor the names of its
> >     contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
> >     derived from this software without specific prior written
> >     permission.

Does this mean that we can't say publicly that Debian is available
in a version that runs on Intel-based computers?

--
Henning Makholm                  "I Gudfaders navn og sønnens og den hellige
                     ånds! Bevar os for djævelens værk og for Muhammeds, den