Re: Upgrading Lenny to Squeeze

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Nikolay Bitsadze wrote:
>> Seems like the only way to do things right is clean install? Learned from
>> other people's mistakes.
>
> No.  It is not necessary to reinstall.  However the change in udev to
> require a newer kernel is both inconvenient and annoying and will trip
> up many people.  The solution is to read the release notes and to
> upgrade the kernel first and reboot to run it before upgrading the
> rest of the system.
>
> Bob

Yes, I do as what Bob said, and everything seems to OK.
But when I reboot system again, the X system can't work any more.
Screen is black (nothing), and no logs exist in /var/log/X.log.

And if I reinstall squeeze in a clean disk, I meet this problem again.
NO log and a black screen, keyboard is working, but I can't see
anything from screen.

Any suggestion?

--
Regards,