Re: [sid] lenovo thinkpad x200s discharge battery while on hibernate

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> I am curious.  On my ThinkPad T42 when suspend-to-ram is active there
> is a little "moon" led lit to indicate that power is being used to
> keep the ram alive.  When illuminated it shows the machine as
> sleeping, drawing power, and not hibernated.  Does your not have such
> an indicator?

The little moon you refer to is present only when suspend-to-ram.
As far as I understand, on my laptop model (don't know if this apply
to any thinkpad)
the "platform" method to suspend-to-disk, performs two actions: ram
image + an actual suspend-to-disk.
In this case no "little moon" appears on the horizon!

> If you haven't yet then browsing the wonderful thinkwiki.org site may
> turn up some hints as to your problem.
>
>  http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_ACPI_suspend-to-ram

I know thinkwiki.org and I agree with you it's wonderful.

Alberto