Re: Unable to create a logical partition and How to send an installation report ?

> I am unable to create a logical partition using gparted.
> My unallocated space is 27 GB.

Due to some basic restrictions with disk partitioning, you can't have
more than 4 physical partitions or 3 physical partitions + 1 logical
partition on the disk. Double check if you already have 4 physical
partions and if that is the case, delete one of them, then make an
extended partition out the the total unallocated space. Finally, you
should try to create logical partitions on the extended partition.

The max number of logical partitions can be only 15 for scsi disks and
63 for IDE disks. I know for a fact because I have hit the 15
partition limit on my laptop SCSI disk ;-)

Don't blame me if this helps very little but it's the best I could
come up with the available data. Seriously, you should consider
providing more data, probably fdisk -l (or similar) from a shell and
what you exactly did with gparted.

--Gireesh