Re: [OT] List based subject line

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 11:58:13AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 08:19:59PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> > >     :0 Wh: msgid.lock
> > >     | formail -D 8192 $HOME/msgid.cache
> > >
> > I like your last remark! However, I don't grok your last two script
> > lines. Care to elaborate on them a bit? I would guess, from man formail,
> > that duplicate messages are deleted. Very nice. But how do they get
> > delivered in your correct mailboxes? Can you give the complete rule?
>
> You mean the two I left above?  That's right out of the procmailex man
> page.  It's tries to deliver a message and if formail has seen the
> message then it returns true and then proclmail assumes it's delivered.

Ah, man procmailex. Forgot that one, thanks!

> If it's a new message then it returns false and processing continues.
>
> New messages get past, duplicates don't.  Then you filter as normal.

I think I get the idea, now. Very nice!

> CC on mailing lists is a touchy topic.  Try it on debian-user.  It's one
> place where people seem to want to control what's sent instead of control what
> they receive! ;)  I like doing them because when I answer someone's
> question I like them to get it as soon as possible.

Yes, I know... about the touchiness, I mean. It can stir up emotions
quite a bit.

> Luckily, mutt respects Mail-Followup-To: so those that really hate the
> CCs don't get them from me.

That's nice, of course.

Thanks for the rule, I'll put it in my procmailrc.

> Oh, back on topic -- kinda.  My SMC 2652W Access Point is starting to crap out!
> What hardware should I replace it with?  I want good 2.6 kernel support
> as I'm tired of rebuilding wlan_ng every time I upgrade my kernel.  I
> just want something with range that I don't have to mess with much.
>
> Any reason to throw in a PCI wireless card into one of my Debian boxes
> and make that an AP -- other than for the "fun" of building an AP?

I have a SMC 2671W AP since a few weeks. Works nice, I guess. But I have
some problems with it, but I don't know (yet) if it is related to the
hardware. If I'm not active in a ssh window, it won't respond for a few
seconds and then everything is ok again. This happens only over the
wireless link, not over my ethernet link (when I'm plugged in, of
course).

I don't get the part about rebuilding your wlan-ng modules.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!