Re: Middle mouse button on Toshiba Satellite S5100?

> Thanks for this hint, this sounds interesting indeed. However, I have
> not been able to put it to work; maybe I didn't understand your suggestion
> entirely correctly. I did
>
>     xkbset m
>     xkbset exp m
>     xmodmap -e 'keycode 115 = Pointer_Button2 Pointer_Drag2'
>
> After that, the "Windows" key, which is normally dead with my X setup
> but produces keycode 115 (as determined by xev) works like a middle
> mouse button.
>
> The real middle button, however, remains dead. Using xev, I found that
> pressing the middle button does not generate any event.
>
> So, how do I get the middle mouse button to generate "ms-window"
> keypress / keyrelease events?

Your mouse drivers must generate an event to change event. xkbset
just allows you to simulate mouse events on keyboard  and not to generate
an event from the mouse. It was interesting for me because i've no
middle button and it's not easy to emulate 3buttons in clicking on 2
buttons at the same time.

You've install  2.6.X kernel? In my case I have a synaptics touchpad. I've
just download latest driver and update XF86Config-4 with
README or INSTALL instructions which correct kernel preemptibility,
touchpad sensibility, right released and pressed event and
merge usb mouse and ps2 mouse in one section. Have you tried something
like that?

/"\                           |Microsoft policy:
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |When We can copy,  We do
 X  * NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   |When We can not copy, We buy
/ \ * NO MSWord docs in e-mail|When We can not buy, We KILL! >|