Re: I search a laptop without problem in France

Hi Francois,

I  have got a HP XT1000 (similar to the ZT1000 series) and I still like it :-)
I did not have any problems with (Debian) Linux. The modem and the IrDA port
don't work. That never bothered me, because I never used it... Some features
seem not to work in the first moment (sound), but this changes rapidly when
You install a kernel with acpi support.
It is really robust... It survived a fall of my desk without any defects.

To answer Your questions:
I used kmail to write this email, so You see that X works perfectly... The
mail was sent over a D-Link DWL-650 wifi card. From this it follows that wifi
cards can be used.
The faults are mentioned above.
My needs are completely satisfied by this Laptop => You should NOT buy any
other :-)

Greetings

Max

--

GnuPG key available on http://www.linuxforall.de

Think about TCPA

Don't let entertainment industry cut Your rights!

FAQ:
English: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
German: http://moon.hipjoint.de/tcpa-palladium-faq-de.html